Vacancy notice – Polymer Scientist
Are you looking to join a team that isn’t afraid to take on a challenge, but knows how to have fun too? This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the most exciting material technology companies in the world.
Our ambition is to build Sweden’s next large industrial company. We have just entered the scale-up phase, and are looking for a Polymer Scientist to work on high profile, customer-driven projects such as developing high performing new polymer-graphene composites. This is a great opportunity for someone with a hunger to learn and grow with us.
- Develop and formulate high performance polymer-graphene composite formulations with the end goal being the upscaling of the process.
- Be hands on with synthetic polymer chemistry and support analytical methods.
- Drive product development activities related to internal and external requests.
- Be responsible for developing new composite recipes.
- Assist in handover of new composites to production.
- Partner closely with polymer industrial partners to deliver technology to the market.
- See projects through from inception to production (i.e. Launch developed products from conceptualization).
Your profile and background
- PhD in polymer chemistry with 3+ years hands-on industry experience in application development of polymeric materials, or MSc in materials science/chemical engineering with 6+ years hands-on industry experience in application development of polymeric materials.
- Excellent understanding of polymer composites, synthesis and characterization.
- Knowledge of structure – property relationship and choice of additives for achieving different desired end properties.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize your work tasks.
- Knowledge of DSC, TGA, Raman, FTIR, and other polymer characterization methods.
- Knowledge of electrical properties characterization of polymer composites.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, able to work as an autonomous part of a R&D team that is supporting a dynamic sales organization.
- Ability to plan and manage customer meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills that fit a flexible small company environment.
- Comfortable with decision-making related to own projects.
- Love to be part of fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Fluent in English. Skills in Swedish or German are a plus.
We offer you a challenging and creative role in a young organization with enormous growth potential. Dedication and innovation are highly valued at Graphmatech, as we are a company with a vision of developing new materials that will change the world. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, our experts, as well as benefit from development programs designed to enhance your own learning journey. You will have a lot of responsibility right from the get-go, and will be able to develop your practical knowledge in R&D as well as gain a good insight into how the industry works.
Please apply directly via LinkedIn here.
For technical questions about the role please contact Dr Mamoun Taher on +46 735513054