Graphmatech offers an exciting opportunity for a laboratory engineer to join our passionate team in Uppsala, Sweden. In joining us you will play an important role from the start in building one of the Sweden’s hottest technology start-up companies.
Graphmatech AB is a materials technology company that invents, develops and sells graphene-based materials.
We are growing fast, and are now looking for an experienced laboratory engineer. The primary function of this role is to support the ongoing research projects. Primary duties include hands on lab activities and small-scale production work in metal-graphene composites. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well organized and efficient at planning, delivering tasks, and communication.
- Conduct hands-on lab activities related to metal-graphene composites
- Conduct small-scale production activities related to metal-graphene composites.
- Quality control of the manufactured samples or batches
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems and helping with other projects assigned by the R&D manager
- Keeping lab instruments running smoothly by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
- Documenting information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Keeping laboratory supplies ready by keeping track of stock and placing orders for laboratory inventory as needed.
Qualifications / Skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in materials science, chemistry or equivalent
- 2 years hands on experience in working in the manufacturing industry(s)
- Experience in project planning, track record of working and delivering on a timeline
- Experience from material characterization and quality control analysis
- Prior experience in operating analyzing instruments such as scanning electron microscopy, Raman spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction would be highly beneficial
- Fluency in English, language skills in Swedish and/or German are considered an advantage
Are you the person we are looking for?
Applications will be handled on a regular basis.