Graphmatech is a graphene materials technology company, on a mission to deliver next generation materials to help build a brighter future. We are developing world-class technology and know-how, to take graphene from a novel wonder-material in the lab to a solution for large-scale industrial applications. We are a proudly Swedish company made up of a diverse, international team spanning 9 nationalities.
We currently have more than 20 ongoing R&D projects – customer projects, grants and internal projects, with more on the way! To ensure we work efficiently and build sustainable, scalable processes as we grow, we are searching for an R&D Manager.
About the position
To be successful in this role, it is important to be able to see and communicate the big picture, as you will have to envision projects from start to finish. At the same time, having keen attention to details is important, as you will ultimately need to closely supervise every step of the development process for new projects. Leadership and managerial skills are also vital in this role, as well as the ability to communicate well, both with colleagues and externally. A strong sense of creativity will also aid in the process of innovating, coming up with new product ideas and solving problems creatively.
As R&D Manager you will be responsible for the R&D team in Uppsala. You will manage and lead the R&D team, currently consisting of 5 team members. In this position you will be responsible for aligning the priorities and resources with business direction, timelines, and budget commitments.
• Secure, develop and follow up on processes for:
− project and product development.
− budgets with project managers based on resources and project needs.
− internal and external financial reporting systems for the R&D projects.
− technical reporting systems for the R&D projects.
− strengthened knowledge exchange between different R&D projects.
− securing needed materials, instruments, task estimation, scheduling, and tracking project tasks and deliverables.
− Actively identify and manage project risks, consider and present options and facilitate decision-making with stakeholders.
• Ensure a proactive collaboration with the CTO including monitoring, developing and illustrating the product roadmap in various areas of innovation & product development.
• Be part of the management team.
• At least a Master’s degree in materials science, nanotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent.
• Ability to prepare reports and use appropriate modes of communication depending on the target group. Must be proficient at analyzing data, monitoring and reporting, and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines.
• Proven track record in managing projects (well planned, high quality, timely delivery, on-budget).
• Experience with Project Management tools; demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
• Ability to identify and solve project issues strategically with project managers and other stakeholders.
• Very good knowledge with MS Office tools including Excel.
• Fluent in English (written and verbal) – Swedish is a plus.
You have excellent analytical and creative thinking, with strong problem-solving skills and an ability to identify and champion new technologies. You are a “doer” – a driven and business-oriented person with a strategic mindset who can create high performance teams and an environment of well-being. You are comfortable managing staff and collaborating with a cross functional team of technical and non-technical team members. You plan, do, and act in an effective manner.
You are positive, driven, organized and well-structured in your work, with a natural ability to connect with a diverse range of people and across different cultures. You are a team player, communicative both verbally and in writing, and are good at “selling” your ideas both internally and externally.
Join us on this exciting growth journey!
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org – interviews and selection will be undertaken continuously, so don’t delay!
Applications accepted until latest 15 April 2021, unless the position is filled prior.